Thursday 5 April 2012

Japan Day 7 - Osaka Central Wholesale food market

Osaka central wholesale food market 

Apparently the fish auction starts 4.15am in the morning
Although it would be very interesting to watch it all happening, that's WAYYYY too early for us. 
we arrived there at 8am at the end and as expected the auction had already ended 
just saw them packing things up 

it was still nice to witness these giant tuna
waiting to be delivered to the restaurants

squid/octopus





For more info about the market

Another reason why we made the trip there is this AMAZING sushi place that's right next to the wholesale market (you can guess how fresh the fish is going to be!) 

It's on the left hand side before you enter the sheltered entrance of the market

note: it only opens till noon 

You cannot order exactly which sushi you would like to have. 
Instead, the chef picks the freshest available :) 
You get a small plate of 5 nigiri ( 1050 yen) for each order

We had 2 and 1/2 plate each 
Sorry slightly out of focus.. as I want to dive in straight away :p 
It was so goood... the best I have ever had. 

I haven't been a fan of sea urchin (UNI). 
I have tried it twice - once in HK and once in London and it tasted like S*IT
but given it's there right in front of me.. I thought I would give it another go
It was like a totally different story!!!!! like taste of the sea!!! 
very fresh and sweet.






The last plate wasn't as exciting :p we are glad that we only ordered one to share between the two of us.

I want to go back already.....

3 comments:

  1. These fishes are really big. My mouth is full of water and I want to eat them right now, but I can't :(

    wholesale food

    ReplyDelete
  2. So big fish!!!these food must very delicious!

    wholesale blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.\
    Welcome to Green Herbz 2014 Potpourri Herbal Spice

    ReplyDelete