Saturday 10 August 2013

L'Ortalan, Reading

We went there for their set lunch offer with my parents during their visit
It's a great deal - 31.50 pound for 3 courses 

Started  with some canape - deep fried fish goujon and popcorn  - it's alright.... 

Bread basket


Pea and cucumber soup

TUNA - Sesame crusted tuna, watermelon, wasabi, kecap manis
It's nice but I'm not sure the watermelon goes well with tuna

CASSOULET - Cassoulet terrine, haricot beans, Morteau sausage
The terrine was a little hard and boring for me

PORK - Pork loin, squash, sage gnocchi, amaretti
Nice and moist pork loin
Could do with a few more gnocchi :p 

BOUILLABAISSE - Marinated sea bream, fennel and orange salad, bouillabaisse jus



CHOCOLATE - Madirofolo chocolate tart, white coffee ice cream, Hebridean sea salt caramel
The highlight of the meal... I kept on stealing a few spoonfuls from my husband.. muaahahahahah

 LEMON - Lemon macaroon, kalamansi purée, Italian meringue, blueberry sorbet
Looks stunning but the macaroon isn't the best I've hard. a bit dry.  
I wish I ordered the chocolate one instead :p 

Overall, it was a decent lunch but not very exciting.  
There are much better Michelin star lunch deal in london but not so much in this area ... 
I probably won't go again though...


L'Ortolan on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment