Sunday 17 February 2013

Macaroon Tasting in London

J'adore les macarons :p 
Pretty, delicate and packed with flavours

Here's a list of my favourites in London (in order of preference)

 1. Pierre Herme@ Selfridges
They do very interesting flavours
Their shell is less crunchy than Patisserie Valerie but moist and soft.

In the picture
- White truffe and Hazelnut
- Olive oil with Mandarin Orange
- Creme Brulee - Vanilla and caramel bits
- Rose & Jasmine

It's not cheap - around 7ish pound for the 4 macarons?
But how can you resist when you walk past the shop! 

Other yummy flavours - Passion fruit, Salted Caramel

2. Patisserie Valerie @ Spitalfield/Soho/Kings cross station etc


Flavours: Pistachio, vanila, strawberry, coffee, chocolate and lemon
The cheapest out of all - around 4 pound a bag of 6
Their macaroons shells are very crispy and light .  and not too much ganache.  
love it :) 
But the past few times I walked past Patisserie Valerie- they don't seem to sell these small bags of macaroon anymore.  only big box of 14 :9

3. Paul 
Everytime I go.. I buy this large Pistachio macaroon
It is quite filling actually.
Their shell is more chewy with soft creamy filling
It costs around 3 pound each 


4. Laduree
I love their packaging and colour scheme lol 
but I find their ganache too rich/sweet
I quite like their new flavours though - the Marshemellow range.  
e.g. lemon and lime marshmellow, apple marshmellow
It really depends on your luck as well.  I had it once and it was really dry and hard. 
It's not cheap too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment