Saturday 17 March 2012

Tsuru Ramen

Saw from other food blogs that proper Ramen is finally arriving at London :)

Tsuru, the sushi chain in London (which I'm yet to try out) has launched a few Ramen days - trying out different Ramen - Seafood/ Shoyu (which is what we tried), Hokkaido
It was £10 per ticket - include a drink and a bowl ramen
Apparently the owner went visiting Japan exploring and learning how to make the REAL Ramen

The shop at Bishipgate is quite hidden. took us some time to find it.
you have to go to the back of the front entrance of the office building block.
Luckily we didnt miss out the small sign.

I have to say I am quite impressed!
I'm not really a ramen expert but I have had some pretty good ones in HK/Japan.
I would say it was a lot better than expected.  It is still not perfect though.

It looks quite small at first glance but we were quite full.

You can't really see the ramen from the photo. but they were fresh ones (apparently)
Noodles are always nicer fresh :p with a much better texture.

The marinated soft centred egg was a surprise to me.  It was divineeee
The cha siu (bbq pork) was very soft.... with a good ratio of fat/meat

The broth is not too fatty/salty (which is sometime the problem with Ramen I've tried)
and I don't think there's MSG in it :p
It was flavoursome :)

so each component was great in its own way.
However, when I have the noodles and soup together, it feels it lack of something :p
maybe they didnt put enough salt in the noodles... or the broth isn't strong enough
they don't seem to complement each other

anyhow, when they finally launch their ramen shop, I will definitely pay another visit :)

Tsuru Sushi on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment